tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Rees <dree...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Severe 7.0.47 startup performance regression
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 10:56:18 GMT
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM, Konstantin Kolinko
<knst.kolinko@gmail.com> wrote:
> Remove the tomcat7-websocket.jar library if you do not need it.  This
> library (added in 7.0.47, a JSR-356 Java WebSocket 1.0 implementation)
> has a ServletContainerInitializer and thus forces Tomcat to perform
> annotation scanning.

That seems to be another work around. Updating the app's web.xml to
3.0 and specifying an empty <absolute-ordering/> also works.

Kind of a pain though, really!

> If you read the "FasterStartUp" page carefully, it is explained there.

Yeah - I found that page a bit difficult to parse. I must have read it
at least 10 times now!

>> Is there a way to get the scanners to log whether or not a scan found
>> anything so they can be added to the appropriate jarsToSkip parameter?
>> I've only found that the TLD scanner does this unless I'm missing
>> something.

Any thoughts on this? If I'm going to go through the trouble of
excluding jars, it would be very nice to be able to determine what
jars were scanned, especially if nothing was found like the TLD
scanner does.

-Dave