tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy not redirecting servlet redirect properly
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 23:14:45 GMT
2013/12/5 Ponmani <nvragh@yahoo.co.uk>:
> Hi
>

> I am very new to mod_proxy. Gone thru some tutorials and configured mod_proxy. Everything
works great except this issue. Couldn't solve even after spending hrs in googling. Issue is
- I have apache 2 in front of tomcat 6 (running in port 8080) in my internet website. I am
using mod_proxy to mask the port 8080. In one of the servlets POST method i am redirecting
the request to a JSP page but port 8080 is displayed in the URL as follows after successful
redirect http://myip.com:8080/myapp/WebContent/result.jsp?message=success
> Couldn't figure out how to avoid it. Here is my httpd conf entry
> <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin sharad@example.com ServerName http://myip ServerAlias
http://myip ProxyPass /myapp http://myip:8080/myapp ProxyPassReverse /myapp myip:8080/myapp
ProxyPass /myapp ! RedirectMatch 301 ^/myapp/(.*)$ /$1 RedirectMatch 301 ^/myapp$ /
> </VirtualHost>
> Can someone pls. let me know what the problem is? thanks

See "proxyPort" attribute.