tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose María Zaragoza <demablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modify content in META-INF/context.xml
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 07:15:58 GMT
2013/12/18 Jeffrey Janner <Jeffrey.Janner@polydyne.com>:

> I think that at 6.x you need to do one of the following to the context.xml file located
in the configBase ($CATALINA_BASE/conf/[enginename]/[hostname]/):
> 1. make the changes to the file there and reload the webapp
> 2. make the changes in the META_INF file and copy it to the configBase, then reload the
webapp
> 3. delete the file from the configBase, then redeploy the webapp.
>
> With 7.x (at least the latest version) you get the copyXML paramter in the <Host>
element which will give you more control over the process.
> Jeff

Hello Jeffrey:

Thanks a lot. You're right in all the points
I was testing all this options yesterday and I would like feedbak the
results to the list , but you did it before than me

Finally, my choice is the 3º option