tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza <demablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What if my database is unavailable at startup?
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 20:32:58 GMT
2013/12/13 Dames, Kristopher J <Kristopher.Dames@mercy.net>:
>> With testOnBorrow="true" ( I think that is the default value in Tomcat
>> 6 ) + validationQuery="SELECT 1 FROM DUAL" , that should work
>>

> So you are saying my configuration should work as-is to allow Tomcat to create a database
connection pool to a database that was unavailable when Tomcat was started?

Yes , I do it and it works
But I dont use some parameters like maxOpenPreparedStatements ,
accessToUnderlyingConnectionAllowed
Furthermore, I use default values for testOnXXX
The others , at first sight, are similar

>> I've never used
>>
>> maxOpenPreparedStatements="0"
>> accessToUnderlyingConnectionAllowed="false"
>>
>> what are they for ?
>>

> maxOpenPreparedStatements: The maximum number of open statements that can be allocated
from the statement pool at the same time
> accessToUnderlyingConnectionAllowed: Allows the raw physical connection to the database
to be accessed by the webapp

> This email contains information which may be PROPRIETARY IN NATURE OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED
BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE and is intended only for the use of the addresses(s) named above.
If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately.