tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza <demablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Modify content in META-INF/context.xml
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:33:09 GMT
Hello:

I'm using Apache Tomcat 6.0.24 and I've deployed a web application
that defines its resources into META-INF/context.xml , especially
information about connection pool

Sometimes I''ve to edit that file to change some data , i.e, database's JDBC url

I've seen that restart web application is not enough to apply these
changes  , so I need to redeploy the web application ( I mean, unpack
WAR file, modify it , repack it again, copy to deploy folder ...)

My question:

Do you know other way to modify META-INF/context.xml and apply the
changes and don't have to redeploy the WAR file ?

Restart the web application is not a problem, but restart Tomcat is

Any ideas ?

Thanks and regards