tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Sivakumar_Balag...@contractor.amat.com>
Subject RE: enable SSL for Tomcat
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 12:40:17 GMT
Hi Ognjen,

I have tried this as well.

I have generated a new keystore. By default, keytool generates a keystore with a private key.

I have imported the trusted signed certificate to this keystore.

But Tomcat is using the unsigned key/certificate which has been generated by default with
keytool.

The domain is not trusting this certificate as it is private self-signed certificate not the
trusted one and SSL is not accomplished.

As an alternative, I have deleted the self-signed private key from the keystore so that the
keystore contains only one certificate which is signed by the certified authority(Entrust).

This couldn't help me in enabling SSL.

Regards!!
Siva Kumar Balaguru
SME | Identity, Security Access and Messaging Services (ISAMS) | Applied Materials India Pvt.
Ltd. | Chennai | India
Mobile : +91-8438569069|Extn : 7002 | Tie Line: #9575 7002

What is ISAMS?  Please see our site to learn more: isams.amat.com

The content of this message is Applied Materials Confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient and have received this message in error, any use or distribution is prohibited.
Please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message from your computer system.
Thank you
** Save a tree. Please don't print this e-mail unless needed.