tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <Sivakumar_Balag...@contractor.amat.com>
Subject enable SSL for Tomcat
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 11:11:28 GMT
Hi,

I need to enable SSL for tomcat in a windows server 2008. I have generated a certificate using
the csr generated by this command: certreq -new request.inf request.req

request.inf:
[NewRequest]
Subject = ""
Exportable = TRUE
KeyLength = 2048
MachineKeySet = TRUE
FriendlyName = "DN of the server"
KeySpec = 1
RequestType = PKCS10
[Extensions]
2.5.29.17 = "{text}"
continue = "Server DN&"

Now with the generated csr file, I have got the certificate from our organization which in
in cer format.

I have imported this certificate to CACERTS using keytool and uncommented the connector configuration
in servers.xml in APACHE conf folder.

Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" SSLEnabled="true"
keystoreFile="C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\lib\security\CACERTS" keystorePass="changeit" maxThreads="300"
scheme="https" secure="true" clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"

I didn't find any error on startup of Tomcat but still ssl is not enabled.

Could anyone help me in fixing this?

Regards!!
Siva Kumar Balaguru
SME | Identity, Security Access and Messaging Services (ISAMS) | Applied Materials India Pvt.
Ltd. | Chennai | India
Mobile : +91-8438569069|Extn : 7002 | Tie Line: #9575 7002

What is ISAMS?  Please see our site to learn more: isams.amat.com<http://isams.amat.com/>

The content of this message is Applied Materials Confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient and have received this message in error, any use or distribution is prohibited.
Please notify me immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message from your computer system.
Thank you
** Save a tree. Please don't print this e-mail unless needed.