tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Beaulaurier -X (jbeaulau - ADVANCED NETWORK INFORMATION INC at Cisco)" <>
Subject RE: Tomcat 7 SEVERE: Invalid message received with signature
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:29:12 GMT
Yes, I did mean Apache httpd. I'll be more detailed going forward.

You were right. I found the AJP connector enabled by default, and disabled it.

Thanks again.

> Apache is not running and in fact has been uninstalled.

Presumably you mean Apache httpd, not Apache Tomcat (both are from Apache, and precision counts

> Any input would be appreciated.

> <Connector port="8100" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>                connectionTimeout="20000"
>                redirectPort="8445"

> org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpMessage processHeader
> SEVERE: Invalid message received with signature xxxx

It would seem that you still have an AJP <Connector> configured in the server.xml that's
actually being used.  First, make sure your Tomcat is using the server.xml you're editing
(e.g., don't run it under an IDE).  If that doesn't resolve the issue, post your entire server.xml
here, minus comments and with sensitive fields obfuscated.  Also look in all of the Tomcat
logs for startup information about the various connectors and listeners that are active.

 - Chuck

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message