tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "at.silk" <at.s...@everis.com>
Subject RE: Exception in CoyoteAdapter class
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 17:17:27 GMT
Hi Mark,

This is the application behaviour, and it only happens when the session has expired. I cannot
say why this method is still called if there is no session at that time.

We just can assure that the exception is triggered by this piece of code, since handling the
exception inside this method leads to a correct execution.

AT.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Enviado el: martes, 03 de diciembre de 2013 11:40
Para: Tomcat Users List
Asunto: Re: Exception in CoyoteAdapter class

On 03/12/2013 10:25, at.silk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I contact you to talk about an exception we receive in a Tomcat class. Few days ago we
get an error in an application integrated with Tomcat. We have tried to get information about
it but we don't find any solution, so we would like to know if you are aware about this issue.

> First we describe our scenario:
> 1. User logs in the portal and remain static for more than 30 minutes (30 minutes is
session expiration time).
> 2. Afterwards, he refreshes the webpage and session has been expired.
> 3. During the page reloading, an error occurs while executing the "parseSessionSslId"
method because the "SSLSupport.SESSION_ID_KEY" is empty.
> 4. A blank page is displayed because the error is not caught.

How is that possible? If there is no SSL session the client should not be able to send a request
to Tomcat since that would mean that the HTTPS connection had not been established. Since
this code is only triggered when parsing a request from the client this error should never
be observed.

Mark