tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Compressed SVG support (*.svgz) in Tomcat
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2013 22:54:03 GMT
David Law wrote:
> Hi André,
>
> no.  I think Chris was semantically correct with
> "[big enough to exceed your file size]"
>
> Unfortunately, his answer had nothing to do with my posting.
>
> Mark Thomas hit the nail on the head though:
> http://tomcat.markmail.org/message/zptxhevgzkpr7if2

You are right, that was hasty of me.
Chris was in fact talking about an alternative : having the files stored /not/ compressed,

and let Tomcat do the compression.
And I mixed it all up further, thinking of Tomcat only compressing the non-compressed
files (supposedly larger), and leaving the compressed ones (supposedly smaller) alone.
Neither of which matched your request.