tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: tomcat - How to forward request to some webapp while using port 80 without virtual host, without apache
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2013 07:16:09 GMT
On 12/28/2013 11:00 PM, Peter wrote:
> I am happy that you guys sent reply to me, but anyone here can create
> configuration file for me for example which I had mentioned in beginning of
> post, then I can understand better, its my weakness but true.
>
> -Peter
>
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM, André Warnier <aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
>
>> Peter wrote:
>>

>>> I am confused about installation part please help me, installation guide
>>> says its WEB-INF directory which WEB-INF ?? and I didn't find any lib
>>> directory look at the following detail, I am newbie I have lot of need of
>>> you people's help please do the needful.
>>>

>> Maybe you could start here :
>>
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/index.html
>> 1, 2, 3 etc..
>>
>> This is not a joke.  If really you do not know what WEB-INF stands for,
>> and you really want to achieve what is in the subject of this thread, you
>> do need to read on some basics.
>>
>> On this list, we do what we can to help people with Tomcat problems or
>> questions.
>> But this does not really replace some basic knowledge about Servlet
>> Engines in general, and Tomcat in particular.

Here are step by step instructions for setting up virtual hosts with
Tomcat. It's a bit out of date (shoot me, maybe next month), but the
server.xml fragments will work in the latest 7.0.x environment.

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/TomcatDevelopmentVirtualHosts

. . . just my (too few hours and too much writing) two cents
/mde/