tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Apache Tomcat 5.0.28 Server/Intermittently Web Apps becomes Unresponsive
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2013 10:43:20 GMT
Milan wrote:
> Hello to All,
>

> Before stating my question or problem I am facing, let me gives you the
> complete architecture we are currently using.

Nice and effective of you to do so.  It saves us asking, and saves you from waiting an
extra step for the answers.  (However unpleasant the answer may be).

> -          JDK 1.6 (With following JAVA_OPTS Environment Variable value
> -Xmx1024M)

No longer actively supported (at least by Oracle), see :
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html

> -          Apache Tomcat 5.0.28 Server

Archived. See : https://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html
(last update to Tomcat 5.0 was in 11/2004)

In other words : Because Tomcat is an Open Source and free product, of which the
development and support are done by volunteers, there is a certain shortage of resources
which makes it hard to devote time to provide help for such an old version.  Virtually
nobody has that version running anymore, so nobody would be able to easily run tests etc..

It's not that we don't want, but probably nobody is going to be very interested in digging

very deep into your issue before you upgrade to more current versions and tell us that you

have the same issues then.