tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: LDPA Authentication Failure
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 16:24:59 GMT
Cédric Couralet wrote:

> Is it really the definition that you have in server.xml or is a typo?
> As it is written, the Realm has no attribute which may explain the
> localhost in the message (default in JNDI).

and Cedric means :
 > Is it really the definition that you have in server.xml or is a typo?
 > As it is written the Realm has no attribute, (comma)
 > which may explain the
 > localhost in the message (default in JNDI).

That's because you have :

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm">
... text ...
</Realm>

So in fact <Realm> has one attribute ("className"), but not the other ones that you

thought it has.

(By the way, that was still a good catch from Cedric.  I had to re-read the whole thing at

leat 3 times before I saw it myself and understood what he meant.)