tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Redirect or Forward a URL on tomcat
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 21:26:26 GMT
Madison Le wrote:

On this list, please do not top-post.
See : http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users
Important - #6

> Hello Andre',
>
> Yes, this looks strange but this webapp (https://ramlink.txwes.edu:8443/WebAdvisor/WebAdvisor)
needs to have 2 levels down. It can have a different name at this levels (like WebAdvisor/Production),
but it needs to have this format for it to work.

> Do You mean that make the https://ramlink.txwes.edu:8443/WebAdvisor/WebAdvisor to be
the "default webapp" or https://ramlink.txwes.edu to the "default webapp" ? Do you know the
article which talks about this? I could not find it.

See :
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo

I meant to make it so that both "http://ramlink.txwes.edu:8080/" and
"http://ramlink.txwes.edu:8443/" lead directly to your webapp, but if you confirm that it

somehow "must be" configured as "/WebAdvisor/x" then you may be out of luck with the
standard and easy method.

You might need to create a ROOT context which "forwards" the calls to "/", to
"/WebAdvisor/".  For that kind of thing, you may want to look at the URLRewrite filter, at

http://www.tuckey.org if I remember right.

Note that it is quite bad practice for an application to force one to install it under any

particular "context name".  It probably means that the application itself
generates/contains self-referencing absolute URLs in the pages which it returns, which
will probably create some additional headaches for you in terms of getting it to work
correctly under the root ("/") context.
You should really contact the developers of that application, for this question.

I created a web application which has the URL is https://ramlink.txwes.edu:8443/WebAdvisor/WebAdvisor.
I would like to redirect the https://ramlink.txwes.edu to https://ramlink.txwes.edu:8443/WebAdvisor/WebAdvisor.

responds itself to the URL http://ramlink.txwes.edu:8080/.