tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Redirect or Forward a URL on tomcat
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 14:39:36 GMT

I created a web application which has the URL is https://ramlink.txwes.edu:8443/WebAdvisor/WebAdvisor.
I would like to redirect the https://ramlink.txwes.edu to https://ramlink.txwes.edu:8443/WebAdvisor/WebAdvisor.

> In addition, the tomcat version is 7.0 on windows 2008 R2.
>
> Any help would greatly appreciate.

What you probably want, is to have this webapp become the "default webapp", so that it
responds itself to the URL http://ramlink.txwes.edu:8080/.
For that, you need to change it into the ROOT webapp.
I'm quite sure that there is a Tomcat FAQ article for that.

Note that I am bit surprised that currently your app responds to "/WebAdvisor/WebAdvisor"

(instead of just "/WebAdvisor"). That looks like a misconfiguration already somehow.