tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Need Information regarding Apache Webserver static file configuration
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 14:31:11 GMT
Tapajyoti Roybarman wrote:
> Hi Andre,
>
> Finally it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a ton.
>
> Below is the setting that I used.
>
> ProxyPassMatch ^/.*\.(gif|jpg|css|png)$! http://localhost:8080/
> ProxyPassMatch ^/(.*/servlet/.*)$ http://localhost:8080/$1
> ProxyPassMatch ^/(.*\.jsp)$ http://localhost:8080/$1
>
> Now, One final question.
>
> I am using the below settings for Load balancing.
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ProxyRequests off
> ServerName localhost
> <Proxy balancer://mycluster>
> BalancerMember http://localhost:8081/
> BalancerMember http://localhost:8082/
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny from none
> Allow from all
> ProxySet lbmethod=byrequests
> </Proxy>
> ProxyPass /balancer-manager !
> ProxyPass / balancer://mycluster/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> How do I merge this with the static content settings (ProxyPassMatch )
> that I have used above. Please note that both settings are working fine
> when given individually. But how am I supposed to combine these two?

Honestly, I do not have a clue.  I am not familiar with the load-balancing via mod_proxy.
I will make a guess though, and suppose that it would be along the lines of :

 > ProxyPassMatch ^/.*\.(gif|jpg|css|png)$! balancer://mycluster/
 > ProxyPassMatch ^/(.*/servlet/.*)$ balancer://mycluster/$1
 > ProxyPassMatch ^/(.*\.jsp)$ balancer://mycluster/$1

(and then probably also remove the line
 > ProxyPass / balancer://mycluster/
)

But now we're really getting into httpd- and mod_proxy-specific questions, so you might
want to switch to the httpd list for more accurate information.