tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan Vávra <va...@602.cz>
Subject Re: mod_proxy not redirecting servlet redirect properly
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2013 20:47:36 GMT
Hello,
  is really cutting of the /myapp the thing you want to do? Isn't it
turned-up?

Now from url http://myip/myapp/smthg
you redirect client to
http://myip/smthg

You wrote : "In one of the servlets POST method i am redirecting the
request to a JSP page"
So the scenatio is.
1. client makes a POST request to a servlet
2. The servlet returns Redirect in the response. And there you need to
compute the url to redirect to.
If you use only relative url, you should not have this problem.
If you need full url, you should use mod_ajp or read the hostname:port
part from configuration.
But there is no need to define Redirect in Apache Server config.

Jan.
> Hi
>

> I am very new to mod_proxy. Gone thru some tutorials and configured mod_proxy. Everything
works great except this issue. Couldn't solve even after spending hrs in googling. Issue is
- I have apache 2 in front of tomcat 6 (running in port 8080) in my internet website. I am
using mod_proxy to mask the port 8080. In one of the servlets POST method i am redirecting
the request to a JSP page but port 8080 is displayed in the URL as follows after successful
redirect http://myip.com:8080/myapp/WebContent/result.jsp?message=success
> Couldn't figure out how to avoid it. Here is my httpd conf entry
> <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin sharad@example.com ServerName http://myip ServerAlias
http://myip ProxyPass /myapp http://myip:8080/myapp ProxyPassReverse /myapp myip:8080/myapp
ProxyPass /myapp ! RedirectMatch 301 ^/myapp/(.*)$ /$1 RedirectMatch 301 ^/myapp$ /