tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Need Information regarding Apache Webserver static file configuration
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 13:14:59 GMT
Tapajyoti Roybarman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please let me know that how can I serve static content like
> image files, css files through Apache Webserver instead of Tomcat?

That is the normal thing that an Apache httpd webserver does.

Please
> let me know about all the required configurations in detail.

That infomation is available on-line : http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/

  I am
> connecting Apache webserver and Tomcat using mod_proxy_http module.

Right. So *unless you specify otherwise*, all content will be served by Apache httpd.
It is only *when you explicitly specify otherwise* that Apache httpd will forward some
requests to Tomcat.

Sugestion : from your Apache httpd configuration,
1) start by removing anything that refers to mod_proxy_http.
Once you have done that, *everything* will be served by Apache httpd (image files, css
files, html pages, everything).
2) once you have succeeded in the above, /then/ re-introduce your mod_proxy_httpd-related

statements, to *selectively* forward some URLs to Tomcat.
Et voilĂ  !

It reminds me a bit of the story about a sculptor, who was aked how he sculpted a horse
from a big block of stone.  He answered that it was very easy : you just remove from the
stone everything that is not a horse.

  Also,
> please find below some information that you may require.

That was good of you to supply this information. Many people do not, and that always
causes delayed responses.