tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exception in CoyoteAdapter class
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:40:01 GMT
On 03/12/2013 10:25, at.silk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I contact you to talk about an exception we receive in a Tomcat class. Few days ago we
get an error in an application integrated with Tomcat. We have tried to get information about
it but we don't find any solution, so we would like to know if you are aware about this issue.

> First we describe our scenario:
> 1. User logs in the portal and remain static for more than 30 minutes (30 minutes is
session expiration time).
> 2. Afterwards, he refreshes the webpage and session has been expired.
> 3. During the page reloading, an error occurs while executing the "parseSessionSslId"
method because the "SSLSupport.SESSION_ID_KEY" is empty.
> 4. A blank page is displayed because the error is not caught.

How is that possible? If there is no SSL session the client should not
be able to send a request to Tomcat since that would mean that the HTTPS
connection had not been established. Since this code is only triggered
when parsing a request from the client this error should never be observed.

Mark