tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: install war with xml and define environment values
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2013 22:40:15 GMT
On 12/1/2013 1:55 PM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
> Hello,
> I have got a precomiled war file and in the web.xml exists some
> values e.g.:
>
> <init-param> <param-name>database.location</param-name>
> <param-value>${user.home}/sysdata</param-value> </init-param>
>
> The Tomcat runs under root, so it creates under /root/sysdata the
> data files, but I would like to change the directory, the data should
> be stored in /home/mywar/sysdata
>
> Phil

Run Tomcat as an unprivileged user.

If you need to have Tomcat serve on port 80, use jsvc, iptables to map
port 80 to port 8080, or place an Apache HTTPD server in front of Tomcat
using mod_proxy_http, mod_proxy_ajp, or mod_jk.

You could also unpack the WAR file, change the param value, and
repackage the WAR file. Of course, the user Tomcat is running under will
need to have privileges to the directory you change the param value to.

. . . just my two cents.
/mde/