tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Kraus <philipp.kr...@tu-clausthal.de>
Subject Re: install war with xml and define environment values
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2013 21:55:32 GMT
Hello,

Am 01.12.2013 um 15:31 schrieb Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com>:
> MG> I was going to suggest using ln but since your docBase is based on the value of
base folder ${user.home}
> MG>any change to user.home will automatically rebase your war after context redeploy

I have got a precomiled war file and in the web.xml exists some values e.g.:

 <init-param>
<param-name>database.location</param-name>
<param-value>${user.home}/sysdata</param-value>
</init-param>

The Tomcat runs under root, so it creates under /root/sysdata the data files, but I would
like to change the directory, the data should be stored in
/home/mywar/sysdata

Phil