tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ponmani <>
Subject Re: mod_proxy not redirecting servlet redirect properly
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 02:50:00 GMT
thank you Jesse...This solved the problem :)

 From: Jesse Barnum <>
To: Tomcat Users List <>; Ponmani <>

Sent: Friday, 6 December 2013 4:43 AM
Subject: Re: mod_proxy not redirecting servlet redirect properly

I think the problem is yourProxyPassReverse.

Instead of :
ProxyPassReverse /myapp myip:8080/myapp

ProxyPassReverse /myapp http://myip:8080/myapp

--Jesse Barnum, President, 360Works
Product updates and news on
(770) 234-9293== Don't lose your data! for FileMaker Server

On Dec 4, 2013, at 4:56 PM, Ponmani <> wrote:

>I am very new to mod_proxy. Gone thru some tutorials and configured mod_proxy. Everything
works great except this issue. Couldn't solve even after spending hrs in googling. Issue is
- I have apache 2 in front of tomcat 6 (running in port 8080) in my internet website. I am
using mod_proxy to mask the port 8080. In one of the servlets POST method i am redirecting
the request to a JSP page but port 8080 is displayed in the URL as follows after successful
>Couldn't figure out how to avoid it. Here is my httpd conf entry
><VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin ServerName http://myip ServerAlias
http://myip ProxyPass /myapp http://myip:8080/myapp ProxyPassReverse /myapp myip:8080/myapp
ProxyPass /myapp ! RedirectMatch 301 ^/myapp/(.*)$ /$1 RedirectMatch 301 ^/myapp$ /