tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Frank Lugalla <Frank.Luga...@amdocs.com>
Subject RE: Update the Tomcat JVM configuration
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 16:28:17 GMT
Thank  you  Mark  for  sharing  your  VM  arguments.........................It  works  now..:),i
 wasn't  correctly updating the arguments instead of putting hyphen for  every line....some
of the lines were missing hyphens.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Eggers [mailto:its_toasted@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 5:56 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Update the Tomcat JVM configuration

On 12/6/2013 3:28 PM, Frank Lugalla wrote:
> Hello  All,
> I am  updating  the Tomcat JVM configuration to enable java assertions as below:
>
> a.       Once tomcat server is configured in local eclipse,I   pressed  F3 on it.
>
> b.      Click on Open launch configuration link.
>
> c.       Go to Arguments tab.
>
> d.      Add -ea at the beginning of JVM arguments.
> Then  Finally  I  restarted  my   tomcat
> Here is  what  I am  getting....
>                                                                    Server Tomcat v7.0
Server at localhost failed to start.

> Error: Could not find or load main class -ea Please  anybody  who
> knows  about this  problem.................?Thank  you

Works for me:

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
IDE: Eclipse Kepler J2EE (with lots of plugins)
JDK: JDK 1.7.0_45
Tomcat: 7.0.42 (launched from within Eclipse)

VM arguments in the Arguments tab of the Edit launch configuration properties window:

-ea
-Dcatalina.base="C:\Users\mdeggers\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0"

-Dcatalina.home="C:\Users\mdeggers\Apache\apache-tomcat-7.0.42"
-Dwtp.deploy="C:\Users\mdeggers\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0\wtpwebapps"

-Djava.endorsed.dirs="C:\Users\mdeggers\Apache\apache-tomcat-7.0.42\endorsed"

Verified by looking at the running Tomcat with VisualVM

. . . just my two cents
/mde/

to the Amdocs policy statement,