tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andersen, Bjoern" <bjoern.ander...@atos.net>
Subject RE: Deployment Problem - behavior changed from 5.x to 7.x
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:32:49 GMT
Hi Konstantin,

Thanks for your answer.
What I'm trying to do:
  Background: The APPs can't be simply undeployed and re-deployed (delete and create) because
there are tons of files NOT in the war in several subdirs that are not to be deletet during
a release change. So what we do is this:
  - We got die APP-Dirs outside Webapps.
  - We got a script doing the deployment and several other (non-TC) things. This can only
send a html request. So we do this..
  - Step1: Undelpoy APP via request against TC manager, like server:port/manager/undeploy?path=/context
                  It undeploys the APP from TC but does not delete the Dir as it is not in
the Webapps dir.
 - Step2: Copy the new app in the APP dir and remove old files.
 - Step3: Redeploy APP via request against TC manager (->"Deploy a Directory or WAR by
URL"),
                 like server:port/manager/deploy?path=/context&war=file:/path/to/foo

Now, Step 3 is the Problem. In TC5, it would just add the APP to TC as it was before, running
from /path/to/foo. A generic foo.xml would be automatically created in the conf subdir. It
worked well.
Now, in TC7 with this command, it doesn't run the APP from /path/to/foo any more but instead
copies it from /path/to/foo to webapps dir and run it from there. That doesn't work for us.
We need the "old" behavior.

Any idea how we can archive this?
--
Bjoern Andersen