tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue - OETX <LeoDona...@mail.maricopa.gov>
Subject RE: Baked-in context paths
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 22:16:01 GMT

with relative links.

Right.

And I thought the OP was asking whether relative URLS are bad in general, and I was saying
that based on the web app design, one can't get away from relative links.  You can't make
a fully qualified request to the WEB-INF, so if one designs a site with resources under WEB-INF,
you have no choice but to use relative links, "in the framework" source code.

It depends on where your resources are deployed relative (I couldn't resist) to the page containing
the link.  Your original JSP example indicated that using ../baz/index.jsp in the main content
area vs the header/footer.

I'm not convinced relative links are bad, nor that one should not try to use them because
they are easy to get wrong.

Leo