tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leo Donahue - OETX <LeoDona...@mail.maricopa.gov>
Subject RE: Baked-in context paths
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 21:35:33 GMT
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Leo Donahue - OETX [mailto:LeoDonahue@mail.maricopa.gov]
>Subject: RE: Baked-in context paths

I will concede there are issues even in this example.  Such as the reference to the /plannet/PlanNetGuide.pdf
in the side_nav_left.xhtml of the oppositioncase context.  That link would be dead if I deployed
this app on another server that didn't have the other context also deployed.  The easy thing
would be not to reference content like this when deploying multiple web apps on the same container,
and I'm taking that link out now.

I think I remember a discussion about this topic a month or so ago when I asked a question
about the webAppMount feature and whether a web app should be fully contained.