tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jay Vee <jvsr...@gmail.com>
Subject how to bounce tomcat remote?
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 23:36:03 GMT
I need to bounce tomcat (run a stop, startup script) but from a remote
machine.

SSH will not work.

Tomcat runs as 'tomcat_user' and this user is not a ssh user so we cannot
ssh into a box using this user.

We have to ssh into the box with our exchange credentials and then $sudo su
- tomcat _user
to do the startup / shutdown.

Is there any other way to programatially stop/start comcat?  Ideally I
would like to do this with gradle but there is no plugin so far:

gradle tomcat plugin ( only works on a local tomcat, not a remote )
gradle cargo plugin ( does not have a task that will stop & restart tomcat)

Unfortunately gradle is a bit lacking at the moment, ideally a single call
to a gradle or ant task would be nice to bounce the server ( from a remote
machine ).

thanks

J.V.