tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bin Folders
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 04:51:29 GMT
2013/11/6 Crystal Maramba <cmaramba@acumenllc.com>:
> Tomcat version: 7.0.42
> Operating System: Server 2008 x64 (Standard)
> Question:
> I have two Tomcat File Directories:
> 1) Windows service installer location: \Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
7.0
> 2) Base distribution  location: \Program Files\Apache\Tomcat 7.0 (this did not include
the windows service wrapper)

> Item 1) was installed after the 2) base distribution location was already configured
but we needed to use the 1) windows service installer.

> Can I combine the files (.bat scripts) from the bin folders so that all the files with
the bin folder in location 2) is in location 1)?  Will there be an issue to do this?

Yes, you can copy the *.bat files.

Note that *-windows-<arh>.zip  distributives of Tomcat include both
*.exe and *.bat files as well as tcnative-1.dll.  The *.exe and *.dll
files are specific to processor architecture. The rest of the files
are not,

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko