tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Bin Folders
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 19:02:29 GMT
to hammer home what Jordan is saying:

sh/cmd/bat files are usually based on environment variables e.g.

CATALINA_BASE to the exact location of the specific TOMCAT Instance you are running

CATALINA_HOME to the exact location of the folder where TOMCAT was installed

assuming you have set unique service_name for each service

http://grokbase.com/t/tomcat/users/1351gyqtgb/multiple-tomcat-containers-or-instance-on-same-servers

if memory serves there is a

SC query TomcatServiceName

which should display details for each TOMCAT service

services.msc at run command provides the same info

If CATALINA_BASE changes you will need to uninstall and reinstall to make sure the registry
has a clean
configuration for the TC instance

I'll defer to Jordan, Dave and others to guide you thru that process..

> Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:39:13 -0800
> From: jordan@viviotech.net
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Bin Folders
>
> Have you made changes that you want to keep? In my experience the
> installer script and exe's are fairly well removed from the other files
> in the bin folder.
>
> Unless you've made specific changes to files that you want to keep, I
> don't see the point of what you're doing. If you *have* made changes,
> why not just copy the files you've changed and leave it at that? Make
> life easier on yourself. ;)
>
> Warm Regards,
> Jordan Michaels
>
> On 11/06/2013 10:29 AM, Crystal Maramba wrote:
> > I will as soon as I combine the bin folders.
> >
> > The service installer does not include the scripts which is what I need from the
first install.

> > Would you know if there will be any issues with the rest of the folders?

rid of the first install if you're not going to use it? Keep your system clean and less confusing.

> > Warm Regards,
> > Jordan Michaels
> >
> > On 11/06/2013 09:34 AM, Crystal Maramba wrote:
> >> Tomcat version: 7.0.42
> >> Operating System: Server 2008 x64 (Standard)
> >> Question:
> >> I have two Tomcat File Directories:
> >> 1) Windows service installer location: \Program Files\Apache Software
> >> Foundation\Tomcat 7.0
> >> 2) Base distribution location: \Program Files\Apache\Tomcat 7.0 (this
> >> did not include the windows service wrapper)
> >>
> >> Item 1) was installed after the 2) base distribution location was already configured
but we needed to use the 1) windows service installer.

> >> Can I combine the files (.bat scripts) from the bin folders so that all the
files with the bin folder in location 2) is in location 1)? Will there be an issue to do this?