tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Java +GC question
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:49:59 GMT
> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Java +GC question

> java version "1.6.0_26"

Do we need to tell you to upgrade?

> to a Java expert eye, does the following GC trace look "normal" , or
> "pathological", or in-between ?

It's a little odd in that there are very few minor GCs occurring.  This would imply that whatever
objects the application creates are either quite large (and do not fit in the Eden space)
or do not escape the methods that use them and are thus allocated on the stack rather than
the heap.  Since the full GCs are 15 minutes apart, take little time, and the heap usage isn't
growing, I don't think there's anything to be concerned about.

> how does one interpret the leading timestamp ?  seconds.milliseconds
> since JVM start ?

Yes.

 - Chuck