tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: parallel deployment question
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 23:22:09 GMT
> From: Leo Donahue - OETX [mailto:LeoDonahue@mail.maricopa.gov]
> Subject: RE: parallel deployment question

> > http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Naming

> "If a version is specified then the context path remains unchanged (the path
> being demo) and both the **context name** and the base name have the string
> '##' appended to them followed by the version identifier"

> I thought the context name would be demo##001 after reading this.

Somewhat confusing choice of words in the doc.  The phrase "context name" here does not refer
to the getServletContextName() API.  If you read the JavaDoc for that, you'll see that it
refers only to an element in web.xml:

"Returns the name of this web application corresponding to this ServletContext as specified
in the deployment descriptor for this web application by the display-name element."

 - Chuck