tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: parallel deployment question
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 22:44:36 GMT
> From: Leo Donahue - OETX [mailto:LeoDonahue@mail.maricopa.gov]
> Subject: RE: parallel deployment question

> I guess I thought it would get the path name from the name of the .war file.

Read the doc:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Naming

> deploying demo##001.war on Tomcat 6.0.x doesn't even deploy it.

A single hash mark in a .war file name is replaced by a slash for the context path.  The action
of a double hash is undefined in Tomcat 6, as far as I can tell.

> I did find this article that talks about web module names being all lowercase
> ASCII characters.

That's a guideline, not part of the spec.  Lots of people use mixed-case context paths, which
usually annoys end users, since the case in the request must match context path.

> So where in the Tomcat source code can I look at how this ## is being
> implemented?

Start at org/apache/catalina/util/ContextName.java.

 - Chuck