tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How to Deploy an Update to War File
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 23:11:30 GMT
> From: Leo Donahue - OETX [mailto:LeoDonahue@mail.maricopa.gov]
> Subject: RE: How to Deploy an Update to War File

> In conf/Catalina/localhost  I can have xml files that don't match the names of any
> web app in the webapps directory, and these xml files are treated as web apps.

Yes, you can do that, but only when the webapp file(s) are located outside of the <Host>
appBase.

> I read it as xml files in conf/Catalina/localhost and not the context path of
> webapp1 in my webapps directory, because I don't specify the path param in my
> context.xml in /META-INF

Remember that the path of a webapp is normally derived from the name of the webapp file/directory
under appBase, or from the name of the .xml file under conf/Catalina/[host].  The only time
a path attribute is meaningful is when there's a <Context> element in server.xml (a
capability that has likely outlived its usefulness).

 - Chuck