tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: How to Deploy an Update to War File
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 22:13:23 GMT

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Parallel_deployment

> So, in other words, if I want to use parallel deployment, I create context.xml
> files in conf/Catalina/localhost with distinct names, but use the same value
> for the path?

No - read the doc.

> I hear in the back of my head Chuck saying that we should not use the path
> element in the Context.

You've got that right.  The path attribute is usable _only_ when the <Context> element
is in server.xml, where it shouldn't be.  In all other cases, the path attribute is at best
ignored, at worst causes multiple deployments.

 - Chuck