tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: FormAuthenticator: saveRequest does not preserve body
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 12:23:45 GMT
Bley, Stefan wrote:
> We are using Picketlink 2.5.2.Final for Federated Identity Management within Tomcat 7.0.42.
When the user invokes a request without being authenticated the FormAuthenticator will save
the request into the session, issue the authentication request and then restore the original
request.
> However, the saveRequest method in FormAuthenticator does not save the request body.
Debugging into Tomcat we found out that the while loop which writes the body is stepped over
because is.read() returns -1.

>         InputStream is = request.getInputStream();
>
>         while ( (bytesRead = is.read(buffer) ) >= 0) {
>             body.append(buffer, 0, bytesRead);
>         }
>
> Can anybody give a hint why the request inputstream can't be read?
> Thank you!

Not without knowing what the request is/was.
Was there a body ? What kind of request was it ?