tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Second Instance of Tomcat
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 18:00:00 GMT
On 11/7/2013 12:46 PM, Crystal Maramba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am getting ready to deploy the Second Instance of Tomcat on the same server using different
IP addresses.

> \Tomcat\Instance1 (IP Address: xx.xx.xx.x1)
> \Tomcat\Instance2 (IP Address: xx.xx.xx.x2)
>
> I have a few question, see below:
>

> 1)     For the Tomcat server ports, I will be using the Connector Port and Redirect port
to bind it to a specific IP address by using "address="xx.xx.xx.xx"". Is there a way to use
the same Shutdown Port and AJP Port to bind it to a different IP address? Or do I have to
change the Shutdown and AJP port number.

The combination of IPAddr:port needs to be unique, so you can use the
same port numbers if they're on different IP addresses, or the same IP
addresses if the instances are listening on different ports.

Can't help you with the keystore stuff.

> 2)     Keystore:
>
> a.       I am going to be using https, can I use the same .keystore to import the certificate?
>
> b.       If I move the .keystore to another location outside of Tomcat home, will Tomcat
be able to see the .keystore if I specify the path within the server.xml file for .keystore
path?

> c.       Should I create a new .keystore for the new instance?
>
> d.       What is the best practice for this?
>
> 3)     Does anyone know a way to encrypt the clear-text passwords specified in tom-user.xml
for the Tomcat manager and server.xml file for .keystore?