tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Bin Folders
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:56:02 GMT
If they are the same tomcat version, just different installation types,
you can merge the install directories; I do that routinely to get the
scripts from the .zip installations into my service installations.

On 11/6/2013 1:29 PM, Crystal Maramba wrote:
> I will as soon as I combine the bin folders.
>
> The service installer does not include the scripts which is what I need from the first
install.

> Would you know if there will be any issues with the rest of the folders?

of the first install if you're not going to use it? Keep your system clean and less confusing.

> Warm Regards,
> Jordan Michaels
>
> On 11/06/2013 09:34 AM, Crystal Maramba wrote:
>> Tomcat version: 7.0.42
>> Operating System: Server 2008 x64 (Standard)
>> Question:
>> I have two Tomcat File Directories:
>> 1) Windows service installer location: \Program Files\Apache Software
>> Foundation\Tomcat 7.0
>> 2) Base distribution  location: \Program Files\Apache\Tomcat 7.0 (this
>> did not include the windows service wrapper)
>>
>> Item 1) was installed after the 2) base distribution location was already configured
but we needed to use the 1) windows service installer.

>> Can I combine the files (.bat scripts) from the bin folders so that all the files
with the bin folder in location 2) is in location 1)?  Will there be an issue to do this?