tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Michaels <jor...@viviotech.net>
Subject Re: Bin Folders
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:39:13 GMT
Have you made changes that you want to keep? In my experience the
installer script and exe's are fairly well removed from the other files
in the bin folder.

Unless you've made specific changes to files that you want to keep, I
don't see the point of what you're doing. If you *have* made changes,
why not just copy the files you've changed and leave it at that? Make
life easier on yourself. ;)

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels

On 11/06/2013 10:29 AM, Crystal Maramba wrote:
> I will as soon as I combine the bin folders.
>
> The service installer does not include the scripts which is what I need from the first
install.

> Would you know if there will be any issues with the rest of the folders?

of the first install if you're not going to use it? Keep your system clean and less confusing.

> Warm Regards,
> Jordan Michaels
>
> On 11/06/2013 09:34 AM, Crystal Maramba wrote:
>> Tomcat version: 7.0.42
>> Operating System: Server 2008 x64 (Standard)
>> Question:
>> I have two Tomcat File Directories:
>> 1) Windows service installer location: \Program Files\Apache Software
>> Foundation\Tomcat 7.0
>> 2) Base distribution  location: \Program Files\Apache\Tomcat 7.0 (this
>> did not include the windows service wrapper)
>>
>> Item 1) was installed after the 2) base distribution location was already configured
but we needed to use the 1) windows service installer.

>> Can I combine the files (.bat scripts) from the bin folders so that all the files
with the bin folder in location 2) is in location 1)?  Will there be an issue to do this?