tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <spr...@gmx.eu>
Subject RE: PersistentManager + JdbcStore
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 16:56:24 GMT
> Given some method of automatic discovery, other than
> multicast, it sounds like you could still use Tomcat's
> clustering support.  So perhaps you could write your own
> membership service?

Yes, I think with Jgroups + S3 ping this could be solved.
But since both ClusterManagers are based on ManagerBase too and they have to
option for synchronous replication, it should be possible with a central
session store (e.g. JdbcStore) too? But I cannot find the magic to replace
the async background processing with sync. processing... Any idea?

An alternative could be to use a servlet filter to store/load the session
but this sounds a bit strange to me, because I would roll my complete own
session handling solution...