tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Crystal Maramba <cmara...@acumenllc.com>
Subject Second Instance of Tomcat
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 17:46:25 GMT
Hi,

I am getting ready to deploy the Second Instance of Tomcat on the same server using different
IP addresses.

\Tomcat\Instance1 (IP Address: xx.xx.xx.x1)
\Tomcat\Instance2 (IP Address: xx.xx.xx.x2)

I have a few question, see below:

1)     For the Tomcat server ports, I will be using the Connector Port and Redirect port to
bind it to a specific IP address by using "address="xx.xx.xx.xx"". Is there a way to use the
same Shutdown Port and AJP Port to bind it to a different IP address? Or do I have to change
the Shutdown and AJP port number.

2)     Keystore:

a.       I am going to be using https, can I use the same .keystore to import the certificate?

b.       If I move the .keystore to another location outside of Tomcat home, will Tomcat be
able to see the .keystore if I specify the path within the server.xml file for .keystore path?

c.       Should I create a new .keystore for the new instance?

d.       What is the best practice for this?

3)     Does anyone know a way to encrypt the clear-text passwords specified in tom-user.xml
for the Tomcat manager and server.xml file for .keystore?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.