tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Crystal Maramba <cmara...@acumenllc.com>
Subject RE: Bin Folders
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 16:46:51 GMT
Thank you everyone!

I have already combined bin folders.

And yes, I was aware of that. And we are using 64-bit windows. That hasn't changed.

Prior, the client did not state that they needed the windows service which is why I had to
purge and merge files.

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.kolinko@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 8:51 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Bin Folders

2013/11/6 Crystal Maramba <cmaramba@acumenllc.com>:
> Tomcat version: 7.0.42
> Operating System: Server 2008 x64 (Standard)
> Question:
> I have two Tomcat File Directories:
> 1) Windows service installer location: \Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\Tomcat 7.0
> 2) Base distribution  location: \Program Files\Apache\Tomcat 7.0 (this
> did not include the windows service wrapper)
>
> Item 1) was installed after the 2) base distribution location was already configured
but we needed to use the 1) windows service installer.

> Can I combine the files (.bat scripts) from the bin folders so that all the files with
the bin folder in location 2) is in location 1)?  Will there be an issue to do this?

Yes, you can copy the *.bat files.

Note that *-windows-<arh>.zip  distributives of Tomcat include both *.exe and *.bat
files as well as tcnative-1.dll.  The *.exe and *.dll files are specific to processor architecture.
The rest of the files are not,

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko