tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject Re: how to reply
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 17:08:18 GMT
On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 02:18:36PM -0700, Jay Vee wrote:
> I subscribed to this email list using the digest format; How do I freaking
> reply now?

Ask the people who made your email user agent.  It's their problem.
Digest format is standardized, but every client implementation is
different.

> I see a reply to a previous response, to construct a reply I have to
> cut-copy-paste into another message.  It's not easy.

Indeed.  That's one reason I never resorted to digest format.

> Can you people install forum software already and get rid of the freaking
> email list? cheez.

I sincerely hope not.  I'd have to write something to scrape the
messages out of the forum and turn them into email.

Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.