tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@gopivotal.com>
Subject Re: PersistentManager + JdbcStore
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 15:13:07 GMT
On Nov 9, 2013, at 8:42 AM, spring@gmx.eu wrote:

>>> Also an option.
>>
>> Already in process it seems ;)
>>
>> https://github.com/aws/aws-dynamodb-session-tomcat/issues/3
>>
>> I hope they will use the code from tomcat for managing the classloader
>> issues.
>
> Well, just realized that this Manager is based on PersistentManagerBase.
> So I see no improvement in terms of reliability, because it still writes the
> data async into DynamoDB.
> I even cannot see the reason why they created DynamoDBSessionManager,
> DynamoDBSessionStore would have done the job too then.
>
> Looking into the Manager interface (public void backgroundProcess()) tells
> me, that it seems to be always async?
>
> So what is the right stategy to distribute sessions across an arbitrary
> amount of servers with a 100% guarantee that the session will be found at
> any time on any server?

Given some method of automatic discovery, other than multicast, it sounds like you could still
use Tomcat's clustering support.  So perhaps you could write your own membership service?

   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc7.0.x/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/tribes/MembershipService.java?view=markup

Dan