tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@gopivotal.com>
Subject Re: PersistentManager + JdbcStore
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 19:34:03 GMT
On Nov 8, 2013, at 2:14 PM, spring@gmx.eu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to use the PersistentManager + JdbcStore to enable a 100%
> failover/cluster solution for sessions?

You could, but I'm not sure that's it's intended purpose.  As I understand it, the PersistentManager
is for pushing session data that hasn't been used in a while out of memory, thus allow a Tomcat
server to handle more sessions with less memory.

> As far as I can see not, because the session data is written async into the
> database and only in a min. interval of 1 s.
> Is this right?

This is my understanding as well.  Sessions are persisted to the database periodically instead
of on-demand.  If you need sessions replicated as changes occur then you'll want to look at
a different solution, like the built-in cluster support.

Dan