tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joan Balagueró Ventus Proxy <joan.balagu...@ventusproxy.com>
Subject SSL question
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 10:14:41 GMT
Hello,

I have an application that sends https requests with client authentication
from a servlet running on tomcat. It’s working fine.

When I shutdown Tomcat, I see this message in catalina.out (ssl debug
enabled):

main, called close()

main, called closeInternal(true)

main, SEND TLSv1 ALERT:  warning, description = close_notify

main, WRITE: TLSv1 Alert, length = 18

main, called closeSocket(selfInitiated)

If I send 8 https request from tomcat, this message appears 8 times when
shutting down tomcat.

Is this normal?  Does Tomcat maintain any kind of https connection pool and
what I’m seeing is Tomcat closing this pool?

Thanks,

Joan.