tomcat-users mailing list archives

From PELL Scott H <Scott.H.P...@odot.state.or.us>
Subject Host container and Context Issue
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 16:36:52 GMT
Hi, all,

I'm running Tomcat 7.0.42 on Windows 2012 with multiple instances for a large and complex
deployment of ColdFusion and Java web applications that have been on JRun for about 10 years.
 As we prepare to move to standard Apache Tomcat, rather than Adobe's version used for ColdFusion
10, I am having to reinvent the wheel or at least parts of it.

As seen below (#1), I have modified the server.xml to accommodate a Context path for our ColdFusion
web applications' URLs so that it resolves to http://websiteURL:port/cf/%appName%<http://websiteURL:port/cf/%25appName%25>
rather than to /cfusion/cf/ and that works.
However, that modification means that I lose access to the ColdFusion administrator which
is located at the Context of http://websiteURL:port/cfusion/

Is it possible to create a separate HOST container that would allow for both Contexts?  If
so, I assume that the virtual would require its own IP address, e.g. XYXAdmin 10.10.10.11.
 Theoretically, that *should* allow me to access the Tomcat UI and ColdFusion Administrator
UI.   Does that make sense?

(#1) http://localhost:port/cf/%appName%
      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false">
<Context path="/" docBase="C:/Apache/330_CFMX1/webapps/cfusion/" reloadable="false">
        </Context>

        <!-- SingleSignOn valve, share authentication between web applications
             Documentation at: /docs/config/valve.html -->
        <!--
        <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" />
        -->

        <!-- Access log processes all example.
             Documentation at: /docs/config/valve.html
             Note: The pattern used is equivalent to using pattern="common" -->
        <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve" directory="logs"
               prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
               pattern="%h %l %u %t &quot;%r&quot; %s %b" />

      </Host>

Scott Pell
ODOT Information Services | Enterprise Technology - Server Application Infrastructure Team
| Senior Web Systems Analyst
Office - 503-986-5373 | Cell - 503-931-1241