tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phuoc Nguyen <nhph...@mytrax.co.jp>
Subject Deploy web app with context version by tomcat-maven-plugin
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 01:37:48 GMT

Dear tomcat experts,
I am using Tomcat 7. In the manager html interface, there is a column named
version in the list of applications table. I read the document here
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Naming to find
the way to set version for my web application. I deploy my web application
by tomcat-maven-plugin
<plugin>

        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>

        <artifactId>tomcat-maven-plugin</artifactId>

        <version>1.1</version>

        <configuration>

<warFile>${project.build.directory}/${project.build.finalName}.war</warFile>

          <url>http://myhostname.com:8080/manager/text</url>

  <path>/</path>

  <tag>##${project.version}</tag>

          <username>tomcat</username>

          <password>xxx</password>

        </configuration>

      </plugin>

Please help me how can I set the version for my web app.
If I manually deploy I just rename the war to ROOT#version.war.
Thanks & best regards
Phuoc Nguyen