tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Bullock <david.bull...@machaira.com.au>
Subject In Tomcat JULI, do the 'facility specific' loggers become per-webapp logger roots?
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 03:03:36 GMT
Please answer at Stackoverflow, and I'll report the results back to this
list:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19261727/in-tomcat-juli-do-the-facility-specific-loggers-become-per-webapp-logger-root

This intent behind this question is very similar to that asked in 2011:
"How to externalize a webapp's logging.properties?", but it was never
adequately answered:

  http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=131831958930163&w=2

In general, I'm really grumpy when I have to unpack a WAR and fiddle with
some files **each time** I deploy it.  If there is some more-general
mechanism for allowing a deployer (remember those things called 'roles'
from the EJB 1.0 spec, anyone?) to override configuration settings which
have unfortunately been embedded in the WAR file, I'd **love** to know
about it.  I haven't spotted anything about this in the Tomcat doco so far.

thanks,

*David Bullock*