tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Meakin <sharkym...@gmail.com>
Subject Override logging
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 14:00:01 GMT
I've been asked to host a couple of tomcat thirdparty webapps which all
have either logging.properties or log4j configurations (internally).

My question is, as a sysadmin who only gets to run the tomcat container,
can I override all the logging configurations of my apps. For example, I
dont use disks to log, I use syslog, and want to force all tomcat logs to
go over syslog.

I've read all the docs on JULI and log4j, and my head has exploded, and I
appreciate there are ways to do this in the properties file of the app
itself. However, I can't change the apps, and want to override all at the
container level. Is this possible? I can't imagine that it wouldn't be.

Hope this isn't too much of a n00b question.