tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chris derham <ch...@derham.me.uk>
Subject Re: overriden context root
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:18:51 GMT
> hi All,
> I have added below entry in server.xml  to override the context root of my application
i.e from /dummy  to /market.

You can add entries to server.xml, but people on this forum generally
advise against it. Please remove that

> The problem is now the application is accessible via both context roots i.e via /dummy
& /market context roots but I want the application to be accessible only via overridden
context root i.e via /market only.

Tomcat auto deploys war files in webapps. If you do not want this, do
not place the war file there. In similar situations I create a
directory notWebapps at the same level, and place the war file there.
Then point your context.xml file at it and you will have what you
require.

Chris